1. Basic information
1.1. Description of the control
RichText is formatted text that is used to place descriptive information or help in an edit form.
1.2. Create a new control
The new rich text can be created as follows from the edit form using the toolbar with controls:
- First, the position in which the new richtext is to be placed is determined by clicking the mouse in the edit form. This will highlight the selected position with a gray horizontal line. Then just click on the item ”RichText” in the toolbar of the edit form, fill in the attributes of the new control in the newly opened dialog, and then save. This will insert a new richtext in the pre-selected location of the edit form.
- If the required position is not determined before inserting a new richtext, the new richtext will be inserted at the end of the edit form.
1.3. Edit or delete a control
- For each existing control, a pencil icon appears on the left side of the edit form to change or delete the control's settings.
- Individual controls can be moved vertically in the edit form using the Drag&Drop method. Moving consists of grabbing the control, preferably after its name located in the left column of the edit form , and then dragging it to the desired place in the edit form .
- For security reasons, it is important to have the function of moving controls enabled using the ”Drag&Drop” check box located above the toolbar with controls. This field is unchecked each time you log in to the application.
2. List of bookmarks in the control settings dialog
- In general - Setting general properties
- Other - Floating help and report help settings
- Rights - Rights settings
- Administration - Setting other properties
2.1. ”General” tab
- Text defines HTML code with formatted text and images.
- The radio text button contains the following two types of text definition:
- Own - text that defines a manually entered text string in a formatted text editor
- From the question - the text that defines the result of the database query
2.2. ”Other” tab
- For portlets only
- Checking this box determines whether formatted text should be available in the list of controls to be placed in portlets.
- On the preview page itself, the content of the formatted text in user mode remains hidden.
- Help in reports
- Checking this box determines whether the formatted text should be part of an application-wide summary help that is available using the ”#help#” variable. A detailed description of the variables is given in a separate manual ”Variables”.
- Checking this box determines whether this control should be included in the ”View Pages (Export)” report. A detailed description of the reports is given in a separate manual ”Reports”.
2.3. ”Rights” tab
- Rights define a list of user groups and users who have permission to view the control on the edit form.
2.3.2. Replace rights with other controls
- The ”Replace rights to other controls” function is used to unify the rights within the entire edit form for controls that are related in terms of rights.
- Thanks to the ”Show…” link, it is possible to display a list of all controls in the edit form, including setting the rights of these controls. For each control, a check box is displayed that allows you to select the control. When you save a control, the same rights are then set for those selected controls.
- An alternative for unifying rights within the entire edit form is to display the report available from the ”Subordinate object rights” tab in the edit form settings.
2.4. ”Administration” tab
- The ”Administration” tab is only displayed for existing controls.
2.4.1. Change type to
- The drop-down list offers the types of controls to which conversion of the control is supported.