1. Basic information
1.1. Description of the control
HTML is a control that allows you to embed any HTML code.
1.2. Create a new control
A new html can be created as follows from the preview page using the toolbar with controls:
- First, clicking the mouse on the view page determines the position in which the new html should be placed. This will highlight the selected position with a gray horizontal line. Then just click on ” HTML” in the toolbar of the preview page, fill in the attributes of the new control in the newly opened dialog, and then save. This will insert a new html at a pre-selected location on the preview page.
- If the required position is not determined before inserting a new html, the new html will be inserted at the end of the view page.
1.3. Edit or delete a control
- For each existing control, a pencil icon appears to the left of the control page to change or delete the control's settings.
- Individual controls can be moved vertically on the view page using the Drag&Drop method. Moving consists of grabbing the control, preferably behind its name, and then dragging it to the desired location on the view page.
- For security reasons, it is important to have the function of moving controls enabled using the ”Drag&Drop” check box located above the toolbar with controls. This field is unchecked each time you log in to the application.
2. List of bookmarks in the control settings dialog
- In general - Setting general properties
- Help - HTML code editor help
- Other - Setting priority HTML code and floating help
- Rights - Rights settings
- Administration - Setting other properties
2.1. ”General” tab
2.1.2. Variables and functions
- A detailed description of the variables is given in a separate manual ”Variables”.
- A detailed description of the server functions is given in the separate ”Server Functions” manual”.
2.2. ”Help” tab
2.3. ”Other” tab
- For portlets only
- Checking this box determines whether the HTML code should be available in the list of controls to be placed in portlets.
- The content of the HTML code in user mode remains hidden on the preview page itself.
2.4. ”Rights” tab
- Rights define a list of user groups and users who have permission to display the control on the view page.
2.4.2. Replace rights with other controls
- The ”Replace rights to other controls” feature is used to unify rights across the entire view page for controls that are related in terms of rights.
- Thanks to the ”Show…” link, it is possible to display a list of all controls on the view page, including the settings of the rights of these controls. For each control, a check box is displayed that allows you to select the control. When you save a control, the same rights are then set for those selected controls.
- An alternative for unifying rights within the entire view page is to display the report available from the ”Subordinate object rights” tab in the view page settings.
2.5. ”Administration” tab
- The ”Administration” tab is only displayed for existing controls.
- Select the view page on which the control is located.
- The drop-down list contains all view page s located in the same application.
2.5.2. Tracking changes
- Change tracking displays a detailed report with all changes made to the HTML code by individual users.
2.5.3. Change type to
- The drop-down list offers the types of controls to which conversion of the control is supported.