1. Basic information
1.1. Description of the control
Title is a “H1” or “H2” style title.
1.2. Create a new control
The new title can be created as follows from the preview page using the toolbar with controls:
- First, clicking on the view page determines the position in which the new title should be placed. This will highlight the selected position with a gray horizontal line. Then just click on the “Title” item in the toolbar of the view page, fill in the attributes of the new control in the newly opened dialog, and then save. This will insert a new title at a pre-selected location on the view page.
- If the desired position is not determined before inserting a new title, the new title will be inserted at the end of the view page.
1.3. Edit or delete a control
- For each existing control, a pencil icon appears to the left of the control page to change or delete the control's settings.
- Individual controls can be moved vertically on the view page using the Drag&Drop method. Moving consists of grabbing the control, preferably behind its name, and then dragging it to the desired location on the view page.
- For security reasons, it is important to have the function of moving controls enabled using the “Drag&Drop” check box located above the toolbar with controls. This field is unchecked each time you log in to the application.
2. List of tabs in the control settings dialog
- General – Setting general properties
- Rights – Rights settings
- Administration – Setting other properties
2.1. “General” tab
- Headline text
- User defined – the title text is defined by a text constant, variable, or a combination of both, written in the text field below the radio button
- From query – the title text defines the result of the database query, which is evaluated when opening the view page
- The dictionary lists the names of other controls, forms, view pages, categories, applications, and application groups used across the entire application.
- The dictionary search is used to design the correct control name and to maintain the consistency of the nomenclature throughout the application so that controls with the same meaning located in different places in the application are named in the same way.
- Graphic type of title
- Type A – Level heading “H1”
- Type B – Level heading “H2” with a colored background taken from the appearance settings from the column “Form – Left column”
2.2. “Rights” tab
- Rights define a list of user groups and users who have permission to display the control on the view page.
2.2.2. Replace rights to other controls
- The “Replace rights to other controls” feature is used to unify rights across the entire view page for controls that are related in terms of rights.
- Thanks to the “Show…” link, it is possible to display a list of all controls on the view page, including the settings of the rights of these controls. For each control, a check box is displayed that allows you to select the control. When you save a control, the same rights are then set for those selected controls.
- An alternative for unifying rights within the entire view page is to display the report available from the “Subordinate object rights” tab in the view page settings.
2.3. “Administration” tab
- Select the view page on which the control is located.
- The drop-down list contains all view pages located in the same application.
2.3.2. Change type to
- The drop-down list offers the types of controls to which conversion of the control is supported.