1. Basic information
1.1. Description of the control
TimeTable is a clock schedule or Gantt chart.
1.2. Create a new control
A new timetable can be created as follows from the view page using the toolbar with controls:
- First, clicking the mouse on the view page determines the position at which the new timetable should be placed. This will highlight the selected position with a gray horizontal line. Then just click on ”TimeTable” in the toolbar of the view page, fill in the attributes of the new control in the newly opened dialog, and then save. This will insert a new timetable at a pre-selected location on the view page.
- If the desired position is not determined before inserting a new timetable, the new timetable will be inserted at the end of the view page.
1.3. Edit or delete a control
- For each existing control, a pencil icon appears to the left of the control page to change or delete the control's settings.
- Individual controls can be moved vertically on the view page using the Drag&Drop method. Moving consists of grabbing the control, preferably behind its name, and then dragging it to the desired location on the view page.
- For security reasons, it is important to have the function of moving controls enabled using the ”Drag&Drop” check box located above the toolbar with controls. This field is unchecked each time you log in to the application.
2. List of bookmarks in the control settings dialog
- In general - Setting general properties
- Resources - Setting up Gantt chart resources
- Text - Setting of columns displayed in a timetable or gantt chart
- Tooltip - Settings for columns displayed in details
- Right s - Rights settings
- Administration - Setting other properties
2.1. ”General” tab
- The name of the control displayed in the header of the clock schedule or Gantt chart.
- The dictionary lists the names of other controls, forms, view pages, categories, applications, and application groups used across the entire application.
- The dictionary search is used to design the correct control name and to maintain the consistency of the nomenclature throughout the application so that controls with the same meaning located in different places in the application are named in the same way.
2.1.3. Data source
- The data source defines the source database records displayed in the clock schedule or Gantt chart.
- Data source settings are made in the graphical designer of database queries. A detailed description of the database query designer is provided in the separate ”Database Query Designer” guide.
- The default view of the Gantt chart determines how events are grouped by date.
- The drop-down list offers the following grouping methods:
- Days - grouping of events by day
- Weeks - grouping events by week
- Months - grouping of events by month
- Years - grouping of events by year
2.1.6. From to
- Select a column that determines whether the event is one-day/multi-day in the timetable or gantt chart.
- Select a column that specifies the start date of the event in the clock schedule or Gantt chart.
- Select a column that specifies the end date of the event in the clock schedule or Gantt chart.
- Select a column that specifies the title (source) of the event in the clock schedule or Gantt chart.
- Headings (resources) are displayed as individual lines of a Gantt chart.
- Default color of all events in the clock schedule or Gantt chart.
- Each event can have its own color set. In the data source settings, the ”Color by” column must be set, according to which the color of the event is determined.
- Allow entering new records
- Checking this box determines whether to allow the user to be redirected to a specific edit form in order to create a new record in the database by clicking on a free space in the timetable cell or Gantt chart.
- Run the script
- Checking this box determines whether a script will be run before entering the edit form to create a new record in the database, which typically plans to populate other values using the ”SCHEDULEDEFAULTVALUE” or ”SCHEDULEDEFAULTVALUES” server function. A detailed description of the server functions is given in the separate ”Server Functions” manual.
- The following variables can be used in the script. A detailed description of the variables is given in a separate manual ”Variables”.
- Disable opening records
- Checking this box determines whether all users will be denied access to the edit form to open the displayed database record by clicking on an event in the timetable or gantt chart.
2.2. ”Resources” tab
- Definitions of resources that appear as individual lines of a Gantt chart.
- The source radio button contains the following two types of source definition:
- Separated by Enter - the list of source values is set manually, in a text box using values separated by enter
- From the question - the resource list defines a database query that is evaluated when opening or updating an edit form
2.2.1. Store the resource ID in the database
- Checking this box determines whether the database event records have a foreign key value stored in the resource value that references the primary key of the resource.
2.3. Text tab
- Definition of the columns displayed in the text box of a clock schedule or Gantt chart event.
2.4. Tooltip tab
- Definition of columns of details displayed when hovering the mouse over a clock schedule or Gantt chart event.
2.5. ”Rights” tab
- Rights define a list of user groups and users who have permission to display the control on the view page.
2.5.2. Replace rights with other controls
- The ”Replace rights to other controls” feature is used to unify rights across the entire view page for controls that are related in terms of rights.
- Thanks to the ”Show…” link, it is possible to display a list of all controls on the view page, including the settings of the rights of these controls. For each control, a check box is displayed that allows you to select the control. When you save a control, the same rights are then set for those selected controls.
- An alternative for unifying rights within the entire view page is to display the report available from the ”Subordinate object rights” tab in the view page settings.
2.6. ”Administration” tab
- The ”Administration” tab is only displayed for existing controls.
- Select the view page on which the control is located.