1. Basic information
1.1. Description of the control
Space is a graphic separator with or without a horizontal line.
1.2. Create a new control
You can create a new space from the view page using the toolbar with controls:
- First, clicking the mouse on the view page determines the position where the new space should be placed. This will highlight the selected position with a gray horizontal line. Then just click on “Space” in the toolbar of the view page, fill in the attributes of the new control in the newly opened dialog, and then save. This will insert a new space at a pre-selected location on the preview page.
- If the desired position is not determined before inserting a new space, the new space will be inserted at the end of the view page.
1.3. Edit or delete a control
- For each existing control, a pencil icon appears to the left of the control page to change or delete the control's settings.
- Individual controls can be moved vertically on the view page using the Drag&Drop method. Moving consists of grabbing the control, preferably behind its name, and then dragging it to the desired location on the view page.
- For security reasons, it is important to have the function of moving controls enabled using the “Drag&Drop” check box located above the toolbar with controls. This field is unchecked each time you log in to the application.
2. List of tabs in the control settings dialog
- General – Setting general properties
- Rights – Rights settings
- Administration – Setting other properties
2.1. “General” tab
- Show horizontal line
- Checking this box determines whether horizontal lines should also be part of the graphic separator.
2.2. “Rights” tab
- Rights define a list of user groups and users who have permission to display the control on the view page.
2.2.2. Replace rights to other controls
- The “Replace rights to other controls” feature is used to unify rights across the entire view page for controls that are related in terms of rights.
- Thanks to the “Show…” link, it is possible to display a list of all controls on the view page, including the settings of the rights of these controls. For each control, a check box is displayed that allows you to select the control. When you save a control, the same rights are then set for those selected controls.
- An alternative for unifying rights within the entire view page is to display the report available from the “Subordinate object rights” tab in the view page settings.
2.3. “Administration” tab
- The “Administration” tab is only displayed for existing controls.
- Select the view page on which the control is located.
- The drop-down list conta ins all view pages located in the same application.